Director of Sales and Marketing
Position: Director of Sales and Marketing
Embassy Suites, Scottsdale, is currently recruiting for a Director of Sales and Marketing for this beautifully renovated property. Seeking a highly motivated and successful leader with full-service and market knowledge to lead a team of accomplished sales professionals in promoting the development and solicitation of business from all segments.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Crescent standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
4. Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, star reports and Sales Meeting minutes
5. Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
6. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote Crescent programs.
7. Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
9. Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
10. Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Minimum Requirements: 2 years Director of Sales experience in a hotel environment. Brand experience helpful. Market experience desired.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors. Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations. Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Physical Demands: Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
Only candidates with Sales experience in a hotel will be considered. Crescent Hotels and Resorts is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Crescent Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment.
Job Status: Full Time